4.10.2013

Energized

I can admit and my track record can show that I am not the best at this whole blogging thing. there have been many times before that I have said that I am going to start writing everyday or that I am going to post more pictures. The truth of the matter is that the fact that life became too busy for crafts and I felt like I was not being true to the reason that I began this blog to begin with. But then I started thinking about the fact that this blog is not just about being creative but also about me (the "little" part of the title). So if there are other things on my mind, I should not feel like I am doing any sort of disservice or staying from its purpose but that I am just naturally following the route I should.


Whew! That felt good1 Now, on to some updates!

Let's see...where to begin. Well, I guess there have been some lows. My sweet, sweet father-in-law, whom i am unsure if I have mentioned before, has been placed in hospice care. This man is such a fighter! Since 2007, he has suffered 8 strokes, a heart attack and numerous other illnesses. In October 2012, he had to be placed on a feeding tube. The fact that he is now in hospice care is more for his comfort, not that his health has taken such a decline that the end is at any moment. But it did make our family think and begin for his reunion with Jesus. This has been tough on my husband, his biggest fan. For those that do not know, my husband is 6'1" and about 230lbs. He's as tough as they come except when it involves his family. His father's decline in health has been so difficult on him but he has been such a wonderful support for his mother. The coming together of our family during this difficult time has made it that much more bearable.

I have been having terrible headaches and stomach issues for the longest and finally decided to get a check-up. Turns out, I have a few peptic ulcers which stinks. I am taking medication for them but it also calls for me to change my diet, such as taking out foods that are high in acidity. Does my tummy really want me to cut out all of the delicious citrus fruits that I love to eat?! Yes...yes it does. SO it has been an adjustment but I cannot complain because it could have been something worse.

The in-between. my husband's job as a contractor with Quantico Marine Base came to an end on March 1st, the morning that the government furlough was put into effect. While this was not only unexpected and unwarranted, this blow knocked us back but not down. We have been through this before: my husband was without a employment for two and a half years about a year and a half into our marriage. But the difference this time is starkly different. My husband has thrown himself into his side project (now turned full-time career) launching his Trust No One brand. He has done such an amazing job that we are headed to Florida at the beginning of next week for him to hand-deliver and setup his clothes in a store (much more posts on this to come).

I completed my probationary year with my new (well, year old) job and have been promoted to a new position which I love! Things have been going pretty well for my little family. The downs have been bad they are an opportunity to strive to do better, focus more on Jesus, and bring us closer together. The good times have reminded us how hard work and faith pays off.

I am sure I have bored everyone to death with my ramblings so I'll end for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment