5.07.2013

Decepticons

Do you ever have those days that just have you spiraling into the pits?

Unfortunately, today is that day for me. It started out normal and actually wasn't so bad. I have been and will be in training for work this week which means jeans everyday and driving (something I honestly really do love to do but don't get to often as I carpool with my mom the 7 minutes it usually takes us to get to work). But I did not make a smoothie this morning which was the first clue as to the rest of the day. Since my stomach has been acting ridiculous, I have been reading various websites and talking with my doctor on ways to ease the pain my stomach ulcers constantly cause, in addition to the Nexium. I have started to bring smoothies for lunch as they are easier on my stomach and cause a significantly less amount of pain than eating solids. I was not only running late but left my mixer at work so I didn't have a cup to put it in. I though that it if I did something light for lunch it wouldn't be so bad. Well I saw Chik Fil A and all sense of comfort went out the window and my appetite for solids and p that delicious chicken took over. Minutes after eating the sad which, my belly began to rebel. But I was still at training so writhing in pain would have to wait.

Once I got home around 5:30,  I took my usual fetal position on the bed and hoped the pain would go away by the time we had to leave for Bible study. 7:30 came and went and frustration set it. I really wanted to go tonight but my aches did not have the same schedule. I decided to look at Instagram...and this is where the slippery slope opened up to a pool of pity. I saw pictures of people with their babies, babies that I am unable to have right now due to finances and the almost certain unbearable pain that ulcers can have during pregnancy; screenshots of encouraging words sent to people who are currently following their dreams, dreams that I have but am unsure of how to begin to make into a reality; images of things that others have that I want. In times like these, it is hard to think rationally. So instead, I wallow in it. As a counselor, I know different techniques to help encourage myself and change my attitude. Well, one fell into my lap today....literally


No comments:

Post a Comment