1.09.2014

Tonight's Insomnia Brought to you by the Letter "G"

For as long as I can remember, I have had difficulty sleeping, whether it is falling asleep or staying asleep. I honestly do not remember the last time I have had more than a few hours of undisturbed rest without some sort of sleep aide. Most of it is attributed to the fact that I am a very light sleeper and the slightest noises can wake me up. In the past few years, it is more so due to my mind wandering. As I have admitted to before, I am a professional procrastinator which causes me to think about all of the things that I have been putting off well into the wee hours of the morning. But most recently, I find myself waking up because my husband is not home. He works overnights (10p to 7a) and has a lunch break at 2a. When he comes home for lunch, I like to be awake. I like to spend that short hour with him because we don't have much time during the week from the time I get off work to when he has to go in. Also, I have a very small idea of how hard it is to be up at night when others are asleep (memories of youth group lock-ins). I can admit that it is selfish but I really hate to be up when other people aren't (even though this only applies when I have to be up when working on a project or unable to sleep, for instance, and not when I want to).  I don't want to discourage him during his break when he still has the other half of his shift to complete. This causes issues when my alarm creeps on at 6a and I have just found a good sleeping groove about 15 minutes prior to that. Ugh! 

Well, tonight, this morning, whatever you want to call it, I am up because I think my mind was going nuts. I was wide awake at 2:06 when he came home and now, here is it 4:50a and I unfortunately see no more sleep in my immediate future. So I will share with you an article that I came across while failing to lull myself back into a slumber with the guidance of Internet surfing. It is an article from www.buzzfeed.com about the different ways that fruits and veggies grow. Some are known but others are pretty interesting such as the picture below which is a fruit and the green nub on the bottom is actually a cashew. So, if so inclined, click the link below the picture to see 27 other examples.



How Veggies and Fruits Grow

No comments:

Post a Comment